Monday, 13 March 2017

Paris for One and other stories - Jojo Moyes



Description

Review

Short stories by their very nature can be hard to get into - just as you feel you are relating to the characters it ends. I think that Jojo Moyes has made these stories the perfect length, each one just right. I felt I did get to know the characters and will definitely be re reading these stories again.

Some are very short and sweet and others are like novellas such as the story of Nell alone in Paris as her boyfriend fails to show up. Also there is a story that covers two timelines one in 1912 and one in 2002. Initially I thought I had slipped into another story as the other story suddenly began to be told leaving the first one unfinished. It was clever the way the two stories mirrored each other over the decades.  

All the stories feature women as the main character and a glimpse into their lives. They are not chick lit - but real life stories and not all good times along the way. One is sweet and heartwarming called the Blue Coat. 

I felt transported to Paris by these stories - although short they are memorable.

I'm giving this book 4 out of 5 stars. My thanks go to Netgalley for an advance copy of the book for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment