Monday, 5 December 2016

Dear Amy - Helen Callaghan



Description

Review

This book is described as a psychological thriller and for me it did not disappoint. I was a little concerned that the subject matter was going to be a little bit more like true crime for my tastes, all that was forgotten once I began to read and was hooked into the story straightaway.

Margot is also going through a tough time in her personal life, and so there was also a sub story going on through the book. This book never lost my interest and I couldn't wait to get back to it to find out what was going to happen next.

The first real shock for me was when it was revealed that Margot had a past that was not immediately obvious. I don't do spoilers so I won't reveal the next twist but I was very surprised by it - and although it was not something I was aware of, I went with it and the book became even more enjoyable. 

The writing is really good and not overly descriptive, which I like. Some parts of the book really made my flesh crawl and the pace of the story varied according to the characters state of mind. A tale well told. 

I'm giving this book 4 out of 5 stars.
My thanks go to Netgalley for a copy of this book to review.

No comments:

Post a Comment