Monday, 8 August 2016

London Stone - Nick Bydwyn



Description

Review

When I began this book I was intrigued - seemingly unrelated events might be connected. How does a Private Investigator take the same job from two different people when they both want the same item?

The Private Investigator Drake Sanders is himself a great character in that he reads like a real person and gets himself into scrapes which realistically he doesn't get out of too well! The writing was at times a little too long winded and descriptive, when all I really wanted was action, and to get to the chase.

The scene was set well and all of a sudden it just didn't add up, but Drake Sanders didn't appear to be seeing the warning signs - surely I was not going to be able to second guess better than the Private Investigator. 

That is really where the book and me parted company - I read to the end but felt I had figured it out before Drake Sanders and he wasn't keeping up with me.

A good story but to me read a little like a 1970s movie.

I'm giving it 3 out of 5 stars.

My thanks go to Netgalley for an advance e copy of the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment